Dragonflies and Damselflies of Central Park Eco Forest Semenyih, Selangor
I surveyed the dragonflies and damselflies at Central Park Eco Forest, Semenyih, Selangor on the 25th and 27th August 2026. Central Park Eco Forest is about 500 m from the retention pond next to Eco Forest Gallery. There are two large retention ponds in the park. The ponds are well maintained by the developer. However, the water edges of the ponds are quite bare (very few aquatic vegetation). I spotted 15 Odonata species during the survey, 4 damselflies and 11 dragonflies. I was quite surprised to spot Chalybeothemis chini there. Chalybeothemis chini was found hanging around the aquatic plants (Pandanus plants) at the water edge of one of the ponds. At least 5 individuals were spotted during each time of visiting. They were quite tame at the site and easy to be photographed (click here to see a photograph of Chalybeothemis chini taken at Central Park Eco Forest). Overall, the number of Odonata species recorded at the park was not high, and I believe it is partly due to the bare condition of the water edges of the ponds. Nevertheless, Central Park Eco Forest is still a good site for dragonfly watching at urban landscape.






No comments:
Post a Comment